- In PCA, navigate to MM02 and use the search function to verify if there is already an existing part
- In PMD, navigate to MM01 and select the Industry sector of Mechanical engineering and the Material Type of E+H Feature Type.
- Enter something in the Material Description field for EN (this will copy over automatically, but SAP requires that this field be populated before moving to the next tab) and select the Base Unit of Measure as PC
- Enter the existing material number for the root of the PC Configurable part in both the Pricing Ref. Matl field and the Cross-plant CM field, then click Configure Variant.
- On the Configurator screen, select the fully configured model code. If there is no material created, it will bring you back into this screen, which you can then Save:
- If the material number already exists, note the material number and select to Expand. If the message indicates that the part has been created or expanded, following the additional steps. If the message indicates that the part already exists, then verify by looking in PCA using MM03.
- Once the material number is created, and transferred to PCA (this takes the overnight sync, which runs around 4:20 pm EST), navigate to MMSC in PCA.
- In MMSC, enter the material number and maintain the SLoc of 0001, RETN and TRAN – click Save.
- To maintain reorder points and the MRP Type, use MM02 in PCA after the part has been created in PMD.
Note for MRP types, use:
PD - used if ROP is zero
V1 - used if ROP is quantity greater than zero